Towing Cape Town
When it comes to needing roadside assistance, the last thing you want to have to think if you break down is having enough phone signal or battery to search the internet for “towing service near me” or “tow truck near me”.
This is something that you need to have information about before you need it! Here at Towing Cape Town, our name tells you exactly what we do so it’s easy to remember us in your time of need! We are the best car towing Cape Town has to offer.
We strive to be the best towing and recovery specialist in Cape Town. Contact us to see for yourself!
Our competitive pricing sets us ahead of our competition. Request a FREE quote now to find out more.
Get Your FREE Instant Quote!
What Our Customers Say We really appreciate all of your reviews, thank you so much!
I’m so happy that I’ve found you guys. You helped me in a matter of minutes and will tell my friends and colleagues about you.
With your low prices and friendly service, you have a winning combination. 🙂
I have received excellent and friendly service from Towing Cape Town. Highly recommended.
Car Towing Services in Cape Town We can help you with windscreen repairs and replacements.
Here in South Africa, we have the 10th biggest road network on the planet! Our roads cover a total distance of around 750,000 kilometers. There are numerous reasons why you might find yourself stranded on some part of these roads. Perhaps your vehicle has suffered a failure of some sort, maybe there has been damaged caused by a pothole or roadworks. It could be that you’re unfortunate to end up in a collision of some description. In all of these situations, you need a fast, efficient and reliable towing service like Towing Cape Town.
Our tow truck service complies to all of the South African regulations as per the National Road Traffic Act 1996 and the National Road Traffic Regulations in the Government Notice No, R.225, on 17th Match 2000.
The importance of a good tow truck operator
Towing companies provide an essential service to motorists. Quite often, a towing service is the first in attendance when there has been an accident or collision. There have even been occasions when tow truck operators have helped with first aid of those involved in a crash. What’s more, car towing companies have been known to get out there on the road and help the authorities clear the highway as quickly as possible, even going so far as directing traffic to help reduce traffic build up and to be able to get the traffic flowing normally as soon as possible.
Trusting your car towing service
Unfortunately, sometimes you will come across unscrupulous tow truck operators that do not act reasonably. As a client and a customer, you have the right to be protected from such operators. We have heard of companies trying to bribe police officers so that they can be the first on the scene and companies offering cell phones to police officers for free so that they will call them before an accident is reported. This is a serious issue and one which Towing Cape Town strongly stands up against.
Here at Towing Cape Town, we are working for you and want you to have the best possible experience in a difficult time. We will inform you straight away of all of the costs that are involved in recovering your vehicle. We won’t take you for a ride (a metaphorical one, we will take you for an actual one!) in that we won’t make claims for storage and recovery costs that are excessive. What’s more, if we give you a recommendation for your collision repair, we do so on the grounds that the company are the best there is. We will never recommend companies for commission.
Advice if your vehicle has broken down
Don’t feel as though you need to make a decision without considering what you want and need. It may be that many towing operators arrive at the scene of the accident but it is ultimately your decision on which company helps you. You are protected by the National Road Traffic Act 93 of 1996, which says that no one is allowed to remove your vehicle without your permission unless they are clearing space for traffic to pass. Here are some tips for if you’re involved in an accident or if you break down:
- If you are a member of the AA, you should contact them first to arrange thing with them. The AA will only use specific towing companies that will comply with strict regulations.
- You should only use services provided by the first UTASA or SATRA member to arrive on the scene. UTASA and SATRA members are bound by a code of conduct that is enforceable. Such a code protects you as a consumer from paying over the odds for the service you receive.
- You should contact your broker or insurer so that you are aware of specific procedures that you need to follow. It’s best you keep a copy of this in your car for such occurrences. If your insurance covers towing, you will usually have a number to call that can be found on the sticker that you get given by your insurance company.
- Don’t forget to remove all of your personal belongings from the car before it gets towed!
What can you expect from Towing Cape Town?
Towing Cape Town will investigate the problem at the roadside. Often, we are able to repair whatever is causing the breakdown. These are a few of the issues we often cover:
- Battery failure. In the instance of a failed battery, we will check why your car battery is not starting the vehicle and will assist in jump-starting the vehicle.
- Tyre problems. If you have a problem with your tyres, we can help you. We will help change a flat or damaged tyre or, if you don’t have a spare, we will tow your vehicle.
- If we can’t fix your car’s problem by the roadside, we will tow you to the nearest dealer or repairer.
- In collisions, we tow away vehicles from the scene.
- If you run out of fuel, we provide a small amount to get you back on your way again.
- Help with locks. If you get locked out of your car, we will help you open the car to assist you in retrieving the keys.
- Helping vehicles stuck in the snow.
Staying safe when waiting for help
It’s important you consider your safety and the safety of your passengers if you breakdown.
You need to be aware of how to stay safe around a broken down vehicle or at the scene of a collision. If you are aware of all of the possible hazards then you can work around them so that everyone stays safe, including other road users.
You need to get out your warning triangle and place it behind your vehicle by around 45 meters at least.
Don’t forget to put on your hazard warning lights and your headlights. You need your vehicle to be seen so any lighting that you can add is important so that other road users slowdown in time to pass you safely.
In most cases, it is probably safer to move away and stay away from the vehicle. This will obviously depend on where you are, what time it is and whether there is anywhere safe to remain until help arrives.
Towing Cape Town Service Areas – Western Cape | Northern Suburbs | Southern Suburbs | Bellville | Bloubergstrand | Blue Downs | Brackenfell | Cape Town | Crossroads | Durbanville | Eerste River | Elsie’s River | Fish Hoek | Maitland | Monte Vista | Panorama | Parow | Thornton | Bantry Bay | Camps Bay | Clifton | Fresnaye | Green Point | Hout Bay | Llandudno | Mouille Point | Sea Point | Three Anchor Bay | Bergvliet | Goodwood | Gordon’s Bay | Hout Bay | Kraaifontein | Kuils River | Melkbosstrand | Milnerton | Noordhoek | Table View | Bishopscourt | Claremont | Constantia | Diep River | Heathfield | Kenilworth | Mowbray | Newlands | Observatory | Pinelands | Plumstead | Retreat | Rondebosch | Rondebosch East | Rosebank | Steenberg | Tokai | Wynberg